Tuesday, December 29, 2015

POST #36: JESUS' SERMON ON THE MOUNT: What is this peace?

Throughout my life, there are times that I have allowed circumstances to steal my peace... also my joy. So, what really is Biblical peace?
.
1. Isaiah 9:6 prophesied that JESUS, "The PRINCE of Peace" would come.
.
2. Romans 15:33 calls GOD "the GOD of peace".
.
3. Philippians 4:7 says that the peace that comes from GOD "passes all understanding".
.
4. In John 14, JESUS told HIS disciples, "Peace I leave with you, MY peace I give unto you. Not as the world gives, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
.
5. In Acts 10, the disciples were living that peace and preached "peace by JESUS CHRIST."
.
6. There's a big connection with peace and the gospel of CHRIST. 
Ephesians 6:15 puts it as part of the christian's armor, "And on your feet is the preparation of the gospel of peace."
.
7. Both Acts 2 and 1 John 1 inform us that peace is the knowing that our sins are forgiven and that all is well with our souls.
.
8. It takes effort to pursue peace as scripture encourages us to do in multiple places. In Romans 14, "Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace."
.

9.  In Matthew 5:9, JESUS gives HIS 7th Be-attitude, 
“Blessed are the peacemakers, 
for they shall be called children of God."  
.
I encourage you to join me in praying for wisdom, that comes with peace.  (See previous posts).   Please note that:
.
1. Peace comes through JESUS CHRIST - the source of peace.
2. Peace through prayer and spiritual connections with God and His family.
3. Peace grows in a person who:

  • is poor in spirit
  • mourns over sin 
  • is meek enough to be a follower
  • hungers and thirsts for righteousness
  • is merciful
  • is pure in heart
4. Peace is the confident assurance that I am IN CHRIST and HE has made my peace by saving me from my sin, so that I can say "It is well with my soul".
5. A true peacemaker pursues all of the above!

.

BLESSED are the peacemakers,

for they are the children of God.


It Is Well With My Soul!



~BLESSED~
Oh, the JOY!
GIGATTAATTGIG
.

No comments:

OUR PRAYER FOR CHIP BLOECHER: FULLY HEALED! FULLY RESTORED! GIGATTAATTGIG