Wednesday, December 2, 2015

POST #29: JESUS' SERMON ON THE MOUNT: When GRACE and MERCY meet!!!

I've lived with a family full of mercy showers.  When it comes to mercy, I really do know how to extend mercy, but I'm not gifted with mercy like my hubby is. My heart often swelled as I observed our children grow up imitating their Daddy's mercy:
  • visiting nursing homes and others who were shut-in
  • sharing their toys and food with those who were in need
  • spearheading collections when friends were in dire straights
  • ministering to the fatherless
  • caring for those with special needs...
I remember when our fourth grandchild was born and I ("Gigi") went to help with our 3 year old grandson "P.L." - while the family welcomed and adjusted to the newborn.  Many things during that visit made my heart smile.  One in particular: 


  • watching a 3 year old have mercy on a helpless newborn. 



There was constant focus.
There was obvious love.
There was an ongoing offering to help... to serve...   
There were little phrases like:
  • "Is he okay?"
  • "Can I kiss him?  Hold him?"
  • "I'll help him!"
  • "Can I help cook, Gigi?"
  • "Gigi, can I help mop the floors?"
  • "I'm the big brother!  He's my baby brother!"

 3 year old P.L. was determined to make sure his less than 2 week old brother was okay.  He was constantly "checking on his little brother", wanting to extend mercy to this little one who could not help himself. 




That brings me to a few questions:
How do we help the helpless?
How do we extend hope to the hopeless?






Don't the answers to the above questions come when 
GRACE and MERCY 
are extended in LOVE?

  



These are streets we need to be walking down everyday!


 

Maybe we could take a few lessons from my grandson, 
who celebrates his half-birthday tomorrow:  
Happy 5-1/2 years old, P.L.!!!!!



BLESSED ARE THE MERCIFUL,
FOR THEY SHALL RECEIVE MERCY!

BLESSED!  Oh, the JOY!
GIGATTAATTGIG

No comments:

OUR PRAYER FOR CHIP BLOECHER: FULLY HEALED! FULLY RESTORED! GIGATTAATTGIG