Tuesday, October 27, 2015

POST #20: JESUS' SERMON ON THE MOUNT: The first triad: PMM: Poor/Mourn/Meek

In his book, CHRIST OF THE MOUNT, E. Stanley Jones reminds us how important and foundational the first 3 beatitudes are in our walk with JESUS, OUR LORD.

  • 1)  I know that life is not about me... life is about GOD!  I give back my spirit to GOD!
  • 2)  I'm sorry for my sins, receiving the forgiveness that JESUS extends... all the while lovingly and longingly grieving/mourning for the souls of others.
  • 3) I give up my will for the FATHER's will. I've been convicted by HIS love and holiness and wants to follow HIS lead. I've given HIM my heart and now I am ready to give HIM the reins of my life without kicking, screaming, and complaining.   
.
.
JESUS stated (very simply and deeply) these 3 basics of christian living (in HIS first 3 points of HIS "Sermon on the Mount):   

  • 1)  "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."
  • 2) "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."
  •  3) "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
.
.
Then, in The Garden and on The Cross, JESUS lived out these 3 foundational principles in a profound way: 

  • 1)  "FATHER, INTO THY HANDS I COMMIT MY SPIRIT."


  • 2)  "FATHER FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO!"


  •  3)  "NOT MY WILL, BUT THINE BE DONE!"


.
~BLESSED~

~OH, THE JOY~
GIGATTAATTGIG

No comments:

OUR PRAYER FOR CHIP BLOECHER: FULLY HEALED! FULLY RESTORED! GIGATTAATTGIG