Friday, October 16, 2015

POST #14: JESUS' SERMON ON THE MOUNT: Blessed are those who MOURN, loving the LORD with all heart, soul, mind, and strength...

 What is the one thing that you can do that will help you the most? 
Help those who live with you?  Help those who you work with?  
.
  • The most important thing that you can do is summed up in what JESUS called "the greatest commandment" and also in the first 3 Beatitudes. We are currently focusing on the second beatitude, "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."
.
Greatest commandment?  Read Mark 12:28-30 here,
  •  "One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that JESUS had given them a good answer, he asked HIM, 'Of all the commandments, which is the most important?'
  • 'The most important one,' answered JESUS, 'is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The LORD our GOD, the LORD is one.  Love the LORD YOUR GOD with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'"

.
I have not always found it easy to be sorry for my own sin or mistakes. It is not "natural" to say "I'm sorry". It takes a daily decision! Humility and deep conviction of my sinfulness comes from seeing my SAVIOR for who HE is and seeing me for who I am... and seeing how very much HE love me and forgives me, in spite of me!
  • My response? Each new day, I make the decision to focus my eyes on JESUS, falling in love with my SAVIOR over and over again as I lay down the burden of my heart to HIM... (... daily... hourly... minute by minute...)
.
I understand that my existence is hopeless without my SAVIOR SHEPHERD. I am a cast sheep without JESUS and HIS saving rod and staff.
.
I first come alone to the cross... 

  • with all my heart, 
  • with all my mind, 
  • with all my soul, 
  • with all my strength...
Because of my love for my LORD, I bring my family (closest neighbors) to JESUS...
.
JESUS provides an amazing gift when we choose to be poor in spirit and mourn our sinfulness? 
~BLESSED~
~Oh, the JOY!~
The understanding that:
GIGATTAATTGIG

No comments:

OUR PRAYER FOR CHIP BLOECHER: FULLY HEALED! FULLY RESTORED! GIGATTAATTGIG