Friday, October 12, 2012

10.12.12 EVERYBODY HAS A STORY! We all can learn that Jesus is willing to transform our stories to make them part of HiStory!

EVERYBODY HAS A STORY!  That was the theme of my chapel talk today at York College.  

At creation God said,

"Let US make man in our image, in OUR likeness..."  

Yes.  Jesus was there, too.  His story began before creation.  All of time is HiStory!

After reading this post, I encourage you to scroll down to where this series, entitled EVERYBODY HAS A STORY,  started on 10-1-12 and begin reading there. 


I wrote this particular post over a year ago, yet much about it remains the same: 


**************************************************
There have been many days over the last 4 months or so that I have been hanging on by my fingernails repeating GIGATTAATTGIG!

The summer found me experiencing one of my heaviest work loads ever. Then, there was the east coast earthquake and the hurricane. We have still not done all of our clean up from the hurricane. That, of course, was on top of the normal very busy life with a chronically ill daughter who lives in our home. How does one get through seasons of great stress without going crazy?

All I know is that as the storms of life beat down, I make it my goal to please Him, count my blessings and not my troubles, focus my eyes on Jesus, and consider who Jesus is and who I am in Him.

  • I FIX my eyes on Jesus and WHO HE IS!
  • I CONSIDER Jesus and WHO HE IS IN ME!

Let's take a closer look at this partial list of who we are in Christ:

WHO I AM IN CHRIST:

  • A live with Christ - Ephesians 2:5
  • B eloved of God - Colossians 3:12; Rom. 1:7; 1 Thess. 1:4
  • B lessed - Matthew 5:1-12; Galatians 3:9
  • B orn of God -the evil one does not touch me - 1 John 5:18
  • C hosen - 1 Thess. 1:4; Eph. 1:4; 1 Peter 2:9
  • C omplete in Him - Colossians 2:10
  • C rucified with Christ - Galatians 2:20
  • D ead to sin - Romans 6:2, 11; 1 Peter 2:24
  • D elivered from the power of darkness - Col. 1:13
  • E stablished, anointed, and sealed - 2 Cor. 1:21; Col. 1:8
  • F ree from Condemnation–Romans 8:1
  • F irmly rooted, built up, established in the faith - Col. 2:7
  • F orgiven of all my sins–Eph. 1:7, Heb. 9:14; Col. 1:14; 1 John 1:9, 2:12
  • F riend of Jesus Christ-John 15:5
  • G od’s workmanship - Ephesians 2:10
  • H ealed by the wounds of Jesus - 1 Pet. 2:24; Is. 53:6
  • H oly and without blame before Him - 1 Peter 1:1; Eph. 1:4
  • I mage of His glory – 2 Corinthians 3:18J ustified – Romans 5:1
  • J oint heir with Christ - Romans 8:17
  • K ingdom seeker – Matthew 6:33
  • L ight of the world and salt of the earth – Matthew 5:14
  • L oved – 1 John 3:3
  • M ore than a conqueror - Romans 8:37
  • M ember of Christ's body - 1 Corinthians 12:27
  • N ew Creature - 2 Corinthians 5:17
  • O ne in Christ - John 17:21-23
  • P rotected from the evil one - John 17:15
  • Q ualified to share in His inheritance - Colossians 1:12
  • R edeemed - 1 Peter 1:18,19; Gal. 3:13; Col. 1:14
  • R econciled to God - 2 Corinthians 5:18
  • R aised up with Christ - Colossians 2:12; Ephesians 2:6
  • R ighteousness of God - 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:24
  • S aint - Romans 1:7, 1 Corinthians 1:2, Philippians 1
  • S alt of the earth - Matthew 5:1
  • S eated in heavenly places – Colossians 2:12; Eph. 2:6
  • S et Free - John 8:31-33
  • S trong in the Lord - Ephesians 6:10
  • T emple of the Holy Spirit - 1 Corinthians 6:19
  • U nited with God and one spirit with Him – 1 Cor. 6:17
  • V ictorious - Revelation 21:7
  • W ise – 1 Corinthians 3:30
  • eX alting Christ in my body – Philippians 1:20
  • Y ahweh’s Child – John 1:12
  • Z ion Dweller – Hebrews 12:21-23


Today,
I choose to make my story part of HiStory!


~BLESSED~

~GIGATTAATTGIG~

No comments:

OUR PRAYER FOR CHIP BLOECHER: FULLY HEALED! FULLY RESTORED! GIGATTAATTGIG