Yesterday on Facebook, Patrick Mead gave his Facebook friends a prayer challenge. I'd like to pass it on to you:
"Try this for the next 7 days.
Don't pray for anything for yourself
except for wisdom.
Spend your prayer time entirely
on behalf of others.
See what happens."
This will be a hard challenge for many! Pray for wisdom:
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers,
2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers,
whenever you face trials of many kinds,
3 because you know that the testing of
your faith develops perseverance.
4 Perseverance must finish its work
so that you may be mature and complete,
not lacking anything.
5 If any of you lacks wisdom,
he should ask God,
who gives generously to all without finding fault,
and it will be given to him.
6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt,
because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea,
blown and tossed by the wind.
7 That man should not think he will receive
anything from the Lord;
8 he is a double-minded man,
unstable in all he does."
I do believe that God Is Good All The Time! I believe that when He answers prayers, there is a reason for how He answers. If you want to get started on some heavy duty praying for people, please join me. I've got a lot of people on my mind:
- My mom, Kathleen Klein, is being moved to a nursing home in the next few weeks. GIGATTAATTGIG
- Jobless, our son, his wife, and baby are in the midst of a move this week from one state to another. GIGATTAATTGIG
- Our friend, Roger Collins, (a college professor at York College) was in Springfield, MO this past weekend as he and his wife, Debbie, visited her dying grandmother. Roger went out running on Saturday and had a massive heart attack during his run. Others on the bike trail did CPR and called 911. In the last 48 hours, Roger has almost left this life several times. He is in a medically induced coma at this time. In the midst of it all, his wife's grandmother has died. Their 4 young adult children have arrived to stand vigil with Debbie. You may access PRAY FOR ROGER COLLINS on FB by clicking HERE. Please pray for Roger and his family. GIGATTAATTGIG
- Our friend, Grace Billingham, has suffered from chronic migraines like our daughter Jessica. This year I cannot count the times Grace has been hospitalized or had surgery. She has some of the top doctors trying to help, including doctors from John Hopkins. This past week her spinal fluid has been leaking. Did I say that Grace is 17 years old? Please put Grace and her family on your prayer list! GIGATTAATTGIG!
- Our daughter Jessica could sure use your prayers. Chronic migraines for the last 15 years... ask God if she has to "WAIT" much longer! We still insist that GIGATTAATTGIG...
- It has been approx. 9 weeks since Dr. Rich Edwards had the 3rd double hand transplant in the nation. He is doing well after a surgery last week to graft skin to his right arm, but his leg is still pretty sore where they removed the skin. He had surgery again yesterday afternoon to put a pin in his right hand to prevent it forming a "claw". Good news, he used a fork and spoon to eat in his left hand for the first time this weekend. He was thrilled. He could only take about 4 bites before his hand tired - but this is a true gift from God that he can feed himself using utensils. Check out his amazing story on previous posts on this blog. Join me in continuing to pray for Rich and Cindy Edwards and family! GIGATTAATTGIG
- Chip Bloecher's story is recorded in the video above. Chip and Lisa need our continued prayers. Yesterday, Chip was suffering from a major headache. His body is still trying to overcome all the trauma it's been through. GIGATTAATTGIG
- My list is long! I know many who are hurting or feel helpless. If you begin praying... you will quickly become more aware of the hurting and the helpless, too.
Join me this week in taking Patrick's challenge! GIGATTAATTGIG
PATTI'S UPDATE - 10-26-10 at 4:00 a.m. eastern time:
Last night, at 11:34 p.m. central time, our humble and kind friend, Roger Collins went home to be with Jesus. GIGATTAATTGIG