Friday, January 22, 2010

2010: CHALLENGE 4: IF ONLY...

How many times have I caught myself saying, "If only..."? "If only life wasn't so tough, I would..." Really, Patti? I came across this powerful piece on a blog this week and knew that I needed to share it with you. A young mother who follows my "Transformed Moms" blog shared that she had received the following from her grandmother. It's great food for thought for those of us who desire to always believe that GIGATTAATTGIG.

GOD SAID...

  • If you never felt pain, then how would you know I am the Healer?
  • If you never went through difficulties, how would you know that I am the Deliverer?


  • If you never had a trial, how could you call yourself an overcomer?
  • If you never felt sadness, how would you know that I am the Comforter?


  • If you never made a mistake, how would you know that I am the Forgiver?
  • If you knew all, how would you know that I will answer your questions?


  • If you were never in trouble, how would you know that I would come to your rescue?
  • If you were never broken, then how would you know that I can make you whole?


  • If you never had a problem, how would you know that I could solve them?
  • If you never had suffering, how would you know what Jesus went through?


  • If you never went through fire, how would you become pure?
  • If I gave you all things, how would you appreciate them?


  • If I never corrected you, how would you know that I love you?
  • If you had all power, how would you learn to depend on Me?


  • If your life were perfect, why would you need Me??

-Author Unknown

4 comments:

Judy said...

Patti, thanks for sharing this.

Bob Bliss said...

Cool thoughts. This explains why James said we should rejoice when we experience trials.

Shonda said...

I just posted GIGATTAATTGIG on my Facebook profile. Yes He is!! Thank you for sharing! I am feeling so encouraged this year by finding your blogs.

Tina said...

Another excellent post. I love it! It definitely puts suffering (of any kind) in a much better light! I LOVE the song, While I'm waiting. How fitting to your post. You rock Friend. This entry is a great reminder to all of us, and especially when we are in the process of being refined. God's in control and He is there through the good and the not so good times.

OUR PRAYER FOR CHIP BLOECHER: FULLY HEALED! FULLY RESTORED! GIGATTAATTGIG