Friday, May 21, 2010

2010 CHALLENGE 12: ENDURING

.
Have you ever been so exhausted that you could fall asleep standing up? Have you ever experienced being too tired to sleep? I've experienced both recently. It's at times like these that the sheer day to day journey becomes almost too overwhelming. The first of this week, I finished grading the last of almost 1,400 college papers, projects, reflections, and activities. I turned around immediately to begin teaching a summer intensive five week course on Tuesday / Thursday evenings for 4 hours each evening. Before Tuesday ever got here, there were emails from the students who had just received their grades for Spring semester. I had made a mistake in my grading and left off one of the 20 grades. This would certainly impact the final grade for some of them. That means that I'll need to sit and fill out "change of grade" forms. Ahhhh! Does it even matter if I need sleep? Does anyone care?
.
A little while ago, I was sitting at my computer posting my assignments for next week, I went to click on some background music from my other blog and there it was... a former post from 2/5/09. God showed me once again how much He cared! He knew I needed to be directed to this... the funny thing is that I do not remember ever posting this video! Please notice the words at the end of the link... COURAGE TO ENDURE: http://momstransformed.blogspot.com/2009/02/in-me-courage-to-endure.html
.
That's what I need today: COURAGE TO ENDURE!!! There is a video on that post, that I have embedded here as well. It was what I needed for today. Maybe it's just what you need, too! GIGATTAATTGIG!
.
Be sure and scroll down to pause the playlist before starting the video.
.
BE BLESSED!


.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear you on exhaustion! I've got a two week old who loves to eat 24 hours a day! Hang in there...it will pass and you'll get rest!

God is surely good :)

Sarah

OUR PRAYER FOR CHIP BLOECHER: FULLY HEALED! FULLY RESTORED! GIGATTAATTGIG